sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Toyota Sienna: . I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna and I no longer

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna and I no longer am able to get hot air out of any vents, it is only cold even though the engine heat dial is midway between H and C. I just had the transmission replaced a few weeks ago, not sure if something could have been to while replacing transmission to cause heat problem.. Fan works on all speeds and I'm able to direct air flow to all the different vents.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be a handful of things.
The problem could be low coolant. If the level is low enough and there is air in the heater core then the heat will blow cold. The first thing that should be done is check the coolant level.
If the coolant is full you can feel the heater hoses as close to the firewall as possible. With the engine at operating temperature both hoses should be too hot to comfortably hold. If one is noticeably cooler then the heater core is restricted.
If both hoses are hot yet the heat blows cold then you most likely have a blend door issue in the heater box. If the blend door is broken, bound in the box, or the actuator isn't controlling the door then temperature can't be controlled.