Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Camry 4 cyl: 1995 Camry 4 cyl. running great but started to

Customer Question

1995 Camry 4 cyl. running great but started to miss now and then now misses a lot when warm and studders stalls and runs on two cylinders now and then I replaced the coolant temp sensor, the PVC valve. It looks like the distributor was replaced only 60K on the car. Worse under load. I'm going to change the fuel filter but I don't think its the problem I think it has much to do with the air control valve or the coil...
Category: Toyota
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.Did you check the condition of the spark plugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the proper extension to pull them out however previous owner put in new distributor cap rotor and wires I assume new plugs also. The Dist cap was loose on one side so I tightened it up but at the same time I think things cooled down and it ran perfect in the parking lot for about 3 min. I checked and all plugs were firing. When it runs poorly only two plugs fire I think 2 and 3 1 and 4 no.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
The expert you were working with decided to opt out, maybe I can be of some help.
Does the check engine light stay on while driving?
You said it looks like the distributor was replaced but that's not for sure, I would recommend that you carefully check the coil for cracks and burned areas where high voltage may be jumping to the distributor case, remove the coil cover and rotor and check the coil.
If in doubt try a new coil.