Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

Sequoia: i have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia 4.7l V8 4x4 and i

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia 4.7l V8 4x4 and i have two codes showing up, they are C1203 and C1363... Don't know what they are.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today. The two codes are both related to the ABS system and C1203 is the generic form code that basically states "Hey, we have a problem". The second code is more serious and is a malfunction for the brake booster signal sensor. So far, does this make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does, and so your saying that the sensor is malfunctioning and I need a new sensor?
The short answer is yes. There are two of these located on the brake booster itself and are sold as part of the booster (not separately). It takes about 2-3 hours of labor to replace the booster and then bleed the brake system. Of course the part is more expensive at the Toyota Dealer which runs about $800, I'm not sure about aftermarket prices as we never use them at the Dealer. Please ask more of me if needed as I am here to help and provide Excellent Service.