EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience
34559540

Tacoma: I have a 2002 Tacoma and the air conditioner isn't

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Tacoma and the air conditioner isn't working properly. When it's on, it will work for a little bit but then hot air will start to blow out. So I have to mess with the controls to get the conditioner to blow cold air again. Even when I have the vent on and the air conditioner is off, hot air will still blow. It's a constant battle with the air controls on a daily basis. Do you know what could be causing this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
There is a air temp blend servo motor that commonly goes bad on the tacoma. It is under the dash on the passenger side. To the left of the passenger feet. You can disconnect the servo motor and work the blend door manually to see if the air changes correctly and the door in the dash works. If that is ok the you should replace the motor. Let me know if you have more questions or comments.
I also can get the workshop manual instructions for removal and installation and checking the air temp blend servo motor. Thanks.