Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Toyota 4Runner: 4runner has VCS light on and error code P1125.

Customer Question

4runner has VCS light on and error code P1125. Replace Throttlebody and worked for a month. Now idles up, throttle not respnsive, and touchy brakes. What is wrong?
VIN#JT3HN86R820392127
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, the vcs light on is because of the p1125 code and will go out when this is resolved. It sounds like the new throttle body failed. I have attached directions to test it. you will need a voltmeter. REplace if it fails any of the tests. If ok, then you need to check the wiring to it for any cuts, breaks, chafing or grounding to the engine or frame. If ok, then the ecm is faulty and needs to be replaced Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks