Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

We have a Toyota Camry XLE and we can not find the spark plugs.

Customer Question

We have a Toyota Camry XLE and we can not find the spark plugs. Is this something that can only be done in the shop, or could you tell me where they are.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Does this vehicle have the 4-cylinder or the 6-cylinder engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 4 cylinder
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks!Ok, on the 4 cylinder engine, the spark plugs are located on the top of the engine, underneath the Ignition Coils (Click HERE for an image view). The top engine cover will need to be removed and then the ignition coils removed. The plugs are located inside the tube the coil came out of. You will need a long extension on your plug socket to reach down in there and get them. This is definitely a job a DIY'er can do! No real "need" for a shop here. Make sure the plugs are gapped correctly (most come pre-gapped) and that the ignition coil sits firmly on the plug after installation, and you should be just fine!