Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Camry: 4 years ago I was told my 2009 Toyota camry needed the

Customer Question

4 years ago I was told my 2009 Toyota camry needed the hose between the power steering
reservoir and the pump replaced. There is some discoloration of the hose at the top. There is no lose of fluid over time from the reservoir. I am now being told again that it needs changed ($400.00). Up to this point I have not changed it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
If you are experiencing no wetness, no seepage, or no leakage from this hose, I would not recommend replacing it. A minor discoloration is normal. As long as the hose is solid (not swollen and sift), I cannot see any reason to replace it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.
A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Makes sense. How much do I owe you and how do I pay
You are very welcome. All you need to do is click on a positive rating. The rest of the transaction is automatic from when you did your initial entry into the site.