Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Coupe: Sir I am Mechanic and was suppose to fix my friends

Customer Question

Sir I am Mechanic and was suppose to fix my friends toyota coupe MR2 1990,By mistake I revere connect the Battery and it blew up ECU,Battery and one of the Kick Penal fuse.I replaced All of the Blown Fuse and Ecu as well but couldnt fix it.It cranks but dosent starts and thier is no Accessories on Dash board. So please let me know what problem mite be.I have to start it any how. thanks you.
Suraj
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting
I'll try to help the best I can with this
The ECU is well protected by the fuses so it would be highly unlikely that it was fried when the battery was reversed, there are fuses under the front (hood/bonnet) as well as in the engine compartment, the main fuses are in the engine compartment, there should be a large fusible link fuse of around 100 amps, there are also a couple of fuses that receive voltage from the 110 a fuse, these are the AM1 and AM2 fuses which supply power to the ignition switch, make sure the fusible link and the two fuses I mentioned are intact and have voltage to them. Let me know and we'll continue from there.