Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 99 Tacoma wipers won't turn off. Stay at med speed first

Customer Question

My 99 Tacoma wipers won't turn off. Stay at med speed first three positions, then fast in last switch position. Total weirdness because when I pulled fuse to stop them the engine refused to turn over after that. I can however jump the solenoid from the batt and the motor starts with the key turned to on position. I checked wiper switch with ohm meter and checks out fine.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I can put the wiper fuse back in and the wipers keep going, but the engine still won't turn over until I jump it at the solenoid.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I need help any more. Wired past the problem.
Glad you got it figured out, if you find you do still need my help just reply and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused. Since I paid the 31.00 for the service I want to see your answer even if I have wired around it. I don't see any answer on this page. And I don't see a link to an answer. Please explain what I am missing here?
Bill
Sorry I thought you no longer needed an answer based on this "I don't think I need help any more. Wired past the problem."
Open the file below.
You mentioned some tests, did those include the ones on pages 3 and 10 and 25?
The wire diagrams are on page 30 if needed.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99tacoma.pdf
This can only be the combination switch or motor to blame, but I need to confirm which tests you fully completed.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I've performed the wiper switch continuity tests. I will check the wiper motor per the link you sent and reply. Today. And so far you've done great. I certainly feel assisted. Bill
Thanks Bill, keep in touch.