Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Why auto button will not turn on and a/c on 1999 4

Customer Question

why auto button will not turn on for heat and a/c on 1999 4 runner
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris
yes I still need a answer. To why my auto button will not work.
Hi
So the climate control works when manually changed from hot to cold, blower speeds, and direction. However it will not work in auto, it shuts off or does not change as needed?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you answer. or did I just lost my money
I will answer once I have enough information. I do not shoot from the hip nor guess. I diagnose and repair. I assume since your paying you would prefer a right answer not a guess from like a blog.
If you are unable to respond to my prior question, I can get you back on the list to wait more for another.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no smell a/c works fan stays on lowest setting fan also has full range off button dose not work also auto won't turn on
Thanks rick
Thanks, ***** ***** its the climate control module that is the faulty component. Do you need steps to remove and replace it?
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Chris
I 'm handy I can follow step by step instructions
Thanks Rick
Open the link below
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99toyota11-13.pdf
Do steps 11-13 to gain access the control to replace it.