Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

How do I know if my 2008 Camry Hybrid needs induction service?

Customer Question

How do I know if my 2008 Camry Hybrid needs induction service? I have 82,209 miles and still get very good gas mileage.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...Unfortunately, I see this more and more every day. According to the Toyota Normal Service Schedule, there is absolutely NO mileage interval at which the fuel iduction system needs to be serviced as part of any maintenance schedule. Unfortunately, this is an unnecessary service that shops try to offer to drum up business. This service should only be done on a "need-to" basis. If there are no drivabilty or performance issues, such as hesitation, skipping, loss of power, etc... then this service is above and beyond what Toytoa recommends "needs" to be done and is of no importance or in any way beneficial to the normal operation of the vehicle. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.