Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

In order to replace a Water Outlet on a 97 toyota avalon do

Customer Question

in order to replace a Water Outlet on a 97 toyota avalon do i have to remove the intake first?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Are you Referring to the water outlet for the thermostat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it connects to the thermostat via the water inlet housing > water bypass hose > water outlet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
part #16331 on the diagram picture i attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately yes you will need to remove the lower intake manifold. There's no way to get the clamp off the hose and you really need to replace the gaskets that go between the lower intake manifold which is part of the gasket that is under this filler neck. Most shops will charge about three hours labor to do this repair and I recommend that you use only Toyota gaskets if possible. The gaskets are about $100.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay... Any chance you know of or are allowed to refer me to a video, website, or specific manual that would have the instructions I need to do it because as is the "water outlet" is a near impossible to find part (for my car atleast) on any Google search, as if the part doesn't even exist the only information I could find is that one exploded diagram can't even find a PICTURE of the part
Any help would be great
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
16304-0A010 is the part number for the water outlet. If you google search this number you will find lots of places to get the part for about $84. For technical instructions go to www.techinfo.toyota.com this is what Toyota uses and use in the shop. They do charge $15 for a two-day subscription but you can virtually download anything you want or need for your vehicle including wiring diagrams and the intake manifold removal instructions or any other Toyota/Lexus. Search Youtube there are a bunch of 3 liter and 3.3 liter intake manifold videos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And that covers the water outlet replacement?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
I did not check the videos for that but once the lower intake is removed the out let is only 1 clamp and 4 more bolts. The Toyota Tech info site while have everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay awesome thank you im relaying the info to the owner
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the information at three or higher.