Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My check engine light came on coming back from work.

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
You must pardon me for being so vague, but your check engine light just came on is no enough to diagnosis a problem. The Check Engine Light (CEL). Is indication of an engine or emissions related problem. When the CEL illuminates a code sets in the engine control module (ECM). Depending on the code(s) that set relate to the severity of the problem(s). An engine diagnostics scan is needed to determine the problem(s). The year make and model would also help with any codes and drive ability problems.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks.