Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota: Replace hatch new and it don't wrk want open or cl

Customer Question

Replace hatch new and it don't wrk want open or close
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Did you replace the complete hatch or did you replace the latch inside the hatch (lift gate)?
When you say it will not open nor close, I assume its stuck open and will not lock shut?
What model vehicle is this?
Yes there is a reset procedure but I need a little more information to know if that is what is needed.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris