Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota: What could cause my 2007 Camry to have a slight vibration

Customer Question

What could cause my 2007 Camry to have a slight vibration in the steering wheel at all speeds?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
There are several things that can contribute to a vibration at all speeds.
The most common issues (predicated by the steering feeling loose) is the small u-joint coupling that connects the upper steering column to the rack and pinion assembly. These are known to rust and wear out prematurely.
Other causes are a bent or out of round wheel rim, an out of round tire, a bad belt inside the tire, excessive rust buildup inside the brake rotor air vents, and wheel alignment being off causing tire wear. Another common cause are worn or collapsed motor mounts. This is very common on a higher mileage vehicle.
The recommendation here would be first to have the steering column u-joint inspected for looseness or rust. Replace if either is found.
Secondly, check the tires and wheels on a balancer...not only for proper balance, but for any movement that is abnormal. A good tire tech will spot this almost instantly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer