Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Edge: How can i install remote start (Avital model 4103) on

Customer Question

How can i install remote start (Avital model 4103) on my ford edge 2008?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Do you have experience in Installing Remote Starts?Is this Avital New & can you return if needed?Did you purchase the Avital because of the Remote Lock / Unlock & Remote Start functionsORDo you just want Remaote Start?NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't have any experience of installing remote start, the avital i bought is new, i don't know if i can still return this one, i just wanted to install this remote start.
reason I asked, is there is a "plug & play" Remote Start available for your vehicle that only requires a couple of wires to be connected.Not like the Avital, which has "many" wires.This is made by OMEGA , Model Number OL-RS-FO1 .
I can supply you with a Wiring Guide for the Avital, but you really will need hands on IF you have never done this.Let me know if you want me to post the Wiring Guide.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that a very detailed wiring guide because i have already a wiring guide but it seems to me that it is very hard for me to make it considering that i have no experience about this!
especially on its bypass module! it is very hard for me to find the data wires to hook it up!
Where to find it...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help me!
.
What ByPass are you installing
Brand & Model Number?
The DATA wires are found at the OBD2 Plug
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have the xpresskit optimax series please help me for this..
xpresskit optimax
???
there is a Model Number
like "DLPK", "PKALL", etc
??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its PKALL
thanks.........The PKALL is "D2D" (data to data)It plugs into the AvitalIt connects to the PATS Plug wires at Ring on the Ignition SwitchYELLOW / BLACK wire & PURPLE / WHITE wire connects to the wires going to PIN 1 & 2 of the PATS Plug..All the PKALL will do is "duplicate" the Transponder of the Ignition Key to tell the computer to start..You need to connect the Avital Main wires & Ground to the vehicle as your Wiring Guide shows.