Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota RAV 4: 2007 toyota rav4, i have 3 lights on slippery

Customer Question

2007 toyota rav4, i have 3 lights on slippery when wet, engine check and vsc. I have been dealer last 2 weeks and he told me they have to order some kind of electronics cost around $400 and if it is not work then they will order different kind of electronics and will cost around $ 350.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.
Do you happen to have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (aka "p-codes") that led them to "some kind of electronics"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, they just they will order the parts that will cost around $400, if it is not working then they will order another parts that will cost around $350.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they will not give me a diagnostic trouble codes.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK. To more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem here, we'd need those "p-codes". Without them, we're just guessing and that will get very costly and very frustrating very quickly. It would be impossible for me to tell you if the shop's diagnosis is correct without seeing what they see. I don't have all the info they have. You can have these p-codes read FREE (except in California) at any local "big chain" part store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, Advanced, etc).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Great! Once you have those codes, reply back and we can pick it up right from here!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Have a great weekend!