sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Previa: Door locks and window control electrical ccerticut

Customer Question

Door locks and window control electrical ccerticut breaker gets hot and quits working
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The breaker is heating and opening because of high current draw on the circuit.
If the breaker is opening without any input then there is a short to ground on the circuit between the breaker and window/lock switches.
If it only opens when in use then the problem could be wiring from the switch to whatever window is being opened, a mechanical issue with a window, or failed window motor. If it only opens when trying to open or lose a certain window then odds are that window motor has failed or there is a physical issue preventing the window from moving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you test for this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happens when I am not using any of the windows door locks just driving down the road how do I test
The circuit between the breaker and switches is shorted to ground or the problem is in the switch then.
The wiring diagram appears to show fuses in the circuit rather than any breakers. Is the breaker location labeled 'power'?