Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Camry le: I have 98 Toyota camry with a VR2000 anti theft devise,

Customer Question

I have 98 Toyota camry with a VR2000 anti theft devise, when battery was replaced horn honks and starting system is disabled. Also note while driving down the road car just quits. Let it cool down and car starts up again.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here and with what I have seen in the past cause this type of fault here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the anti theft device/computer itself.I have seen this fail internally before and had to replace it for this issue here.I would see if you can have it removed and see if it then starts and runs properly.If it does then it needs replaced or left off the vehicle to correct this fault.
Thanks Pete