Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Highlander v6: 02 highlander bank2 knock sensor code replace

Customer Question

02 highlander bank2 knock sensor code replace both sensor and harness.drive code comes right back,what could be the problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for these codes to set is usually the knock sensor sub harness and if this is the harness you have replaced and the new knock sensor where not damage during the install then the problem is most likely the PCM (computer). If the knock sensors were removed and reinstalled and not torqued correctly, it can damage the sensors. Always install the knock sensors to the correct torque of 29 ft lbs. See the test steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Knock%20sensor%20May%207.pdf