Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Camry LE: My 2009 Toyota Camry LE v6 has a bad vibration when

Customer Question

My 2009 Toyota Camry LE v6 has a bad vibration when accelerating. It gets really bad between 40-70 mph. When I let off the gas pedal the vibration (shaking) reduces dramatically. I have had the tires balanced & rotated. I have read it could be struts, rotors, axles. Please give me some info. Thank You
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Vibration on acceleration can usually be traced to either the front drive axle/CV joint combinations. I would recommend that you inspect the axles at the outer ends where you will find a rubber boot that looks a bit like a bellows. If this boot is torn, the CV joint has lost its lubrication. This will cause excess clearance inside the joint and allow the vibration.
If the boot is OK, I would recommend disconnecting the axle and manually twist the CV Joint, looking for excess end play. If any play is found, replace the axle.
If the axles are OK, I would then recommend that all three motor mounts be inspected for weakness, or tears that would allow the engine/transmission to move too far. This too will cause a vibration on acceleration, as the transmission is on the wrong angle with regard to forward movement
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer