Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Camry: , a few days ago, my keyless entry system stopped

Customer Question

hello, a few days ago, my keyless entry system stopped working so I changed the battery. it still didn't work, so I found a site with directions to program it and it worked...for about a day. the following day i tried to reprogram again and the car went into programming mode because the locks did cycle, but when I pressed the lock and unlock buttons on the remote,and then lock again, nothing happened. since then i have ordered a new remote, but no matter how many times i have followed the instructions the car wont go into programming mode again. the locks no longer cycle. what can i do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The body ECU on this vehicle is the control unit the key less entry programs into.I have seen this ECU fail several times before in the past and had to replace it.From what you have described here this sounds like the cause on your vehicle with it needing replaced.Once it is replaced it usually requires set up and programming by a dealer in order for it to work properly as it controls and monitors several electronics in your vehicle.
Thanks Pete