Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I to have a problem w/running lights blowing a fuse.Have replaced

Customer Question

I to have a problem w/running lights blowing a fuse.Have replaced all bulbs including licence bulbs.have unplugged the main tailight harness on the left and still blows the fuse
so assuming the short is not in the rear area.tested all three
running light relays individually.Replaced the turn signal light stalk on the steering column.Still blowing the 10 amp fuse .fyi just replaced headlamp housings. All front lights work fine as do all dash lights.Did have a brake controller box for towing but removed it and checked all connections and taped any possible bare wires from that connection. Removed the kick panel lower left but did not see any sign of wires melted. followed the entire wiring harness from the front to the back of the vehicle-no signs of short.2003 toyota highlander.Not sure what else to check.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There may be another component on this fuses circuit causing this fuse to short out and cause this here.if you can tell me the name of this fuse I can look it up to see what all is on its circuit to see if any other components need checked.
I would also double check any trailer wiring as this is usually the most common area for a short like this here.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete