Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Celica gt: The overdrive light is flashing off and on,

Customer Question

The overdrive light is flashing off and on, and then my transmission starts slipping
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only slips when it's warming up,it will rev while in gear then it will catch,or when the trans has a load on it, the engine light will also come on
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
If you manually shifted from low to second to drive and does it shift normally or does it still slip? Does it hold firm in reverse or does reverse slip? Did you check for codes that may be set in the transmission control computer or do you know how?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill ck the trans in the lower gears, 1st thru drive at lunch time, im working...ill also ck the rev gear for slip,,"codes that may be set in the trans control computer?? Im not sure how to do that,,,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took my car out at lunch, the o/d light hasnt blinked in a few days, shift from 1st with a rev to 2 and then rev to 3, didnt seem to have any slip,,,ckd the reverse aswell,,,,no slip, if the lights not blinking (o/d) then it doesnt slip...when its flashing,,,it will catch,,,eventually. Also my engine light is on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well sir, what do you think? No word back on last comment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why are my questions today , dated yesterdays date and time???? did it cost me 20.00 for one question???? and can you please send your responces to my email????
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. When I initially answered your question this question was located in the Toyota category. Then for some reason somebody transferred it to the transmission category. I do not specifically answer questions in the transmission category because I only do Toyota. Once they did that it locked me out of the question until just now. I have been trying to reply back to you for over a week now. I have sent multiple complaints to the website moderators to have them fix this and until now it was not. Do you know how to check for malfunction codes in the transmission control computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No..is there more than one place to plug in the code reader? One motor...1transmission.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the vehicle identification number available? Are you in the USA?