George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Tundra: 2013 toyota tundra, 3000 miles owned for less than

2013 toyota tundra, 3000 miles owned for less than 40 day's. driving down highway and hit rough patch of pavement at approx. 65 mph and side curtain airbags deploy. take it to dealership and they will not youch until toyota corporate inspects. now still waiting for corporate and being told it may take 30 days to get inspect and in the meantime without vehicle. toyota will not provide loaner until my vehicle has been inspected. I have read HUNDREDS of accounts of issues with people being told same thing by corporate on various issues. Is it likely toyota will fix or should I be contacting my lawyer as well as toyota legal department?

Hello I will help you with your question,

I would get my insurance company involved to get a loaner and they can go after Toyota for the cost.

To date there has not been a recall issued but Toyota has recalled other vehicles for this problem. The 2013 Tundra will likely be added to the list in the future but it has not been yet.

I would file a report with the NHTSA and that will help speed the recall. In the meantime you are going to have to jump through Toyota's hoops until a recall is issued or they get high enough up the corporate ladder to issue you a check. Keep calm in your dealings with them and when you hit a wall just ask to see the district manage, the zone manager and the corporate manager so this gets escalated as soon as possible.

Please let m e know how I can help you with this

Thank you