Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I alarm goes off randomly when the car is parked and locked.

I alarm goes off randomly when the car is parked and locked. When I open the door with the key it shuts off. In addition the door locks are not working properly. The driver side door lock is not opening the other three door locks with the key. The door locking mechanism is occasionally heard engaging while driving and when the car is first shut off or stated. In addition when you stop the car and shut off the engine if you step back on the brake pedal you hear the locking mechanism engage multiple times without the locks actually locking.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like you may have a short or a fault with the drivers lock assembly.If it isn't activating the other locks and the alarm going off like this I would first inspect the wiring in the drivers door as well as where it runs from the body to the door to see if a short is located.

If a fault is found in the wiring itself then it needs repaired.This will signal the computers that the door is being unlocked intermittently and can set off the alarm when the key isn't detected.

If the wiring is all found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Pete,

I am being told it is an Intermintant open circuit in an Intergration Relay. I can't find that part online so far. Any sugestions?

I found a few on line HERE if this helps.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this part in the drivers side door panel?

Looks like it is under the dash as seen below.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Pete. This was diagnosed by a Toyota Dealer on Friday since I picked up the car the Power locks did not work at all. On Sunday the car will not start only a clicking noise.

The dealer states on the work receipt that the "Technician disassembled and traced wires & ohmed out system. Technician found Integration Relay to have intermittent open circuit."

Could the testing he did have fried the relay that it doesn't work at all? Remember when I brought it in I had the power locks working from the interior button and the car starting and driving normally.

Peter C

It is possible this was damaged during the testing if wiring was connected incorrectly with the test equipment but it will be hard to prove this is the case here with the testing causing this fault.

Thanks Pete