Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

toyota camry le: I have a 2003 toyota camry le. The key fob

I have a 2003 toyota camry le. The key fob won't open the doors nor will the key. The valet key did open the door. Now inside the car, the right turn signal light is blinking rapidly and the engine won't turn over. The battery is 6 or 7 years old. What are the possible issues here? Thanks. Carol
Hello, thanks for trusting me to help you with your vehicle today. I have over 30 years of Diagnostic experience. I look forward to working with you. When you turn the key to the on position do the headlights come on Fulbright or of a dim? When you turn the key to the start position do you hear a rapid clicking sound or any clicking at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing comes on and there is no clicking sounds. There was a cd in the player which ejected by itself prior to getting into the car.

The CD ejecting means that there is a severe power loss in the system. Typically this means a bad battery or corrosion and poor connection at the battery terminal. My recommendation would be to try and get a jumpstart and make sure the cables do not get hooked up incorrectly. The other option is to remove the battery and take it to a nearby parts store where they do free tests. Let me know how these things go and we can go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I will do that in the morning and let you know what happens.

That sounds like a good plan. Let me know how things go tomorrow I will be in and out of meetings in the morning but will be able to get back to you at lunchtime if you need additional assistance just reply..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Had to get a new battery. Thanks for your help.

That is what I suspected. You are welcome. please do not forget to rate at 3 our higher?