Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

corolla s: I have a 2007 corolla. Has a noise in the front

I have a 2007 corolla. Has a noise in the front end when driving. You turn to the right noise stops. Figured it was the right wheel bearing and had it changed. But the noise is still there. It is in the rotating assembly. I have had the car off the front wheels and moving but unable to hear or see any problems.
Any ideas where else to look.

Ted Ritter :

Hello, thank you for requesting my assistance
Does the noise sound like a knocking or more a growling noise?
At what speed is the noise the loudest?
Is it intermittent or steady?

Ted Ritter :

It seems you are not available for chat at this time, please reply in the box below, I am standing by.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a growling noise and steady. Drove it in a parking lot . As you increase speed it doesn't change but if you allow to slow on its own it be comes softer.

How many miles are on it?
Does the noise still go away when turning right?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

170, 000 miles give or take

Ok, couple more questions, is the noise there when driving straight?
Does the noise disappear when turning right and no noise when turning left?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The noise is there going foward or backwards it go's away when u turn to the right and when u turn left the noise is still there and it might get a little louder but it's hard to tell.

Ok, I'm going to recommend replacing the other side wheel bearing, noises can transfer and sometimes seem like it's coming from somewhere else, just had a matrix do the same thing, I swore it was the left bearing and when I removed the hub it turned out to be the right side, so the left / right loading of the bearing test is not very reliable in some cases. The only other thing I can think of is a differential bearing but this would be unusual unless the transmission got low on oil, maybe checking the transmission fluid first may be a good idea.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you. I was think along the same about the trans axle bearing inthe tranny too. I will check the fluid but the oil changes happen rregularly at the toyota dealer so I hope they are checking.

Can I stll get back with you even if I rate your answer.

Yes of course you can still get back to me here, just like you did.