Chris
Chris, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a Master Certified ASE technician. ASE Certs A1-A9 & L1. I have been a general auto repair tech for over 18 years.
75498108

Corolla Sport: Our 2004 Toyota Corolla Sport suddenly the radio,cd

Our 2004 Toyota Corolla Sport suddenly the radio,cd player & clock ceased to function

Chris :

Have you checked the fuse? The fuse is a 15A labeled as "CIG" in the fuse panel under left side of dash. It powers the Radio, clock, cig. lighter,power outlets and power mirrors. If I had to guess something happen with the cig. lighter or power outlet. Check in them to make sure there is nothing in there like change that would short it out.

Customer:

Yes the fuse was checked

Chris :

OK these are basic power and ground systems. First I would check to see if you are getting power at the fuse with a volt meter. If so then you will need to remove the radio and check for power and ground there.

Chris :

Also does the Cigarette lighter and power sockets work?

Customer:

Yes, the cigarette lighter works

Chris :

ok That tells me that the fuse has power. Next step would be to pull the radio as stated above.