Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Sienna: The drivers seat in my 2011 will not move forward.

The driver's seat in my 2011 will not move forward. It moves up and down and the other power seat controls work, but not the feature which allows it to move forward and back. Do you have a diagram of which motor controls this function? This has happened before and the dealership told me something was stuck in the motor. I want to see if this has happened again, but do not know where to find the particular motor for this function. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thx!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 10 months ago.
Hello, thanks for trusting me to help you with your vehicle today. I have over 30 years of Diagnostic experience. I look forward to working with you. Is it stuck all the WAY BACK OR FORWARD?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it is stuck all the way back.

The screw on the track is probably jammed. Use a 10 or 12mm socket, do not remember the size on the front side of the seat just up from the track mount. While flipping the switch to the forward and back position put pressure on the screw threaded rod to force it loose. Let me know if this works to unstick it. It is rarely the switch or motor.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

looking at the track, it is completely covered by the part on the seat that goes into the track, so I do not see where I can get into there to get to a bolt that could be blocking the track. Do you have a diagram?

do you have the vehicle identification number so I can see what trim level or model van you have?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok, I figured out what you were talking about before. The bolts on both side of the seat are totally secure and not getting in the way. What would be most helpful is to find out where this motor is located so I can see if something is binding it up or stuck in it like before.

it is the XLE model

Standby.

See the links below

graphicgraphic

Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic