Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Toyota Rav 4 4cyl: How do release tension on the serp belt

How do release tension on the serp belt on 2007 toyota rav4 2wd 4cyl
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

The best way to access the Belt Tensioner is going to be through the passenger's side wheel well. Remove the wheel/tire and then remove the Fender Apron. There is also a special tool: Drive Belt Tensioner Tool that makes this job much easier. You can usually rent this tool from any local "big chain" parts store. I've wrapped up the repair manual procedure to remove the belt into a PDF file with images, for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file HERE. Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you.