I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto mechanic
46707633

Toyota Camry XLE V6: Hi Toyota Camry xle V6 2007 The AC blows

Customer Question

Hi
Toyota Camry xle V6 2007
The AC blows air and suddenly stops for half a second and comes back on again.
What should I check for this? The mechanic said the belt should be changed, as he noticed it is worn. Could that be the cause? The air coming out is weaker than the noise I hear. Will changing the air cabin filter correct this? Please let me know where it is located.
Thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 11 months ago.

Hello....welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

It the fan stops blowing for a second and then works again ,this is the sign of you blower motor going out/bad.

If you want to check/replace the cabin filter ,it is located behind of the glove box ,there is a rectangular plastic cover that you need to remove to access the filter.

Also need to open the glove box all the way , towards the floor ,disconnect the little shock on the side of the glove box and then force the top corners of the glove box to get the tabs off , the side of the box.

Good luck.

Please rate my answer if I have helped , ask for additional info if needed.

Thank you very much.

I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Auto mechanic
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hi

I need to ask you another question concerning the air conditioner of the camry.

Thank you

Expert:  I. Silva replied 15 days ago.
Hi there...what is the problem you have now with AC ?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Just wanted to make sure it is you that I find.
Well I changed the blower like you advised last time, and it worked perfectly. Now there is a problem, when I put the climate control on low temperature. The ac goes on ice cold, then it stops(meaning the compressor stops) and you feel the air becoming warm and comes back pn again 10 to 15 seconds off and the rest on. you can still get a good cold temperature out of it. But I like all to be perfect. I would like to know you take on this. The climate control unit in the dash works perfectly, when you change some settings you feel that there is a change , so the problem is not there, i guess.
Thank you
Expert:  I. Silva replied 15 days ago.

Well , it sounds like your AC compressor is cycling on and off ...i would have the AC pressures checked to see if you need to add any freon , the best way is using dual gage

to monitor both low and high sides.

.

The perfect pressures should be ...low side 40-45 psi and the high side between 200 to 250 psi , this on a day of 80 or 90's F.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you.