AMD
AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience:  Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist

ce: will a 2001 automatic transmission from a corolla work

will a 2001 automatic transmission from a corolla work in a 2000 model
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AMD replied 6 months ago.

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Toyota question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting you today.

AMD :

Are you available to discuss your question at this time?

AMD :

Do you have the VIN no. for the 2000 car?

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

vin 2t18r12e5yc361836

AMD :

Give me a few moments, let me verify

AMD :

Can you double check the VIN number? it's not coming up as valid

AMD :

Never mind got it B instead of 8

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

give me a few min

AMD :

OK there are 2 transmission options. Your car has the 3 speed transmission. The 2001 corolla can have both options as well.

AMD :

so as long as the new transmission is a 3 speed transmission it can be from a 2001 corolla.

AMD :

Did you have any other questions for me today?

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

the 2001 trans has a sensor on it that the 2000 does not do u know what this sensor is and will it work with out it

AMD :

Do you know if the transmission from the 2001 is a 3 speed?

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

I think so

AMD :

Well the transmission from 2000 and 2001 are identical so having an extra sensor is not a good sign and most likely an indication that you might have the wrong transmission.

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

can I tell by the vin because I have it for the 2001

AMD :

Yes you can tell by the VIn. If you have it I can tell you right now what transmission that car has,

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

2t1br12e11c441205

AMD :

The 2001 has a 4 speed transmission, it's not the same transmission.

AMD :

Because your car is a VE it has the 3 speed transmission

AMD :

you need to look for a VE model 2001 to have the same transmission as your car.

AMD :

the part number for your transmission is 30500-1A630

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

will motor from 2001 match the 2000 tran

AMD :

No the transmission will not sit according to my diagram.

AMD :

It's a different transmission

AMD :

And the electronics are different as well of course.

AMD :

JACUSTOMER-qalqu6t6- :

no

AMD :

A positive rating for my input would be greatly appreciated.

AMD :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.com

AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience: Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist