AMD
AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience:  Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist
65953032

Camary: my 2010 camary was jump started wrong, pos-neg. Now

my 2010 camary was jump started wrong, pos-neg. Now it will start and idle fine bu has no power. What things should I check?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Toyota question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

Are you available to discuss your question at this time?

AMD :

When you say it has no power, do you mean if you press the gas pedal the rpm doesn't go up?

Customer:

yes

AMD :

Hello! how are you doing today?

Customer:

other than my problem fine

AMD :

I will do my best to help. If I may ask, when you say it has no power, does that mean if you press the gas pedal the rpm doesn't move just like if the gas pedal is not working?

Customer:

yes that is correct

AMD :

OK Is the car near you at this time?

Customer:

I can put it in drive and it rolls forward or in reverse

Customer:

parked out in the street in front of my house

AMD :

OK Can you go out and check and\or replace a fuse for me?

Customer:

sure

AMD :

OK let me get you a location

AMD :

Is it a V6 or 4 cylinder?

Customer:

4

AMD :

OK Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a few moments.

AMD :

Were there any warnings lights on with the engine running?

Customer:

yes the check engine light

AMD :

OK Go to the car, in the fuse box under the hood, you will find a 10A fuse labeled ETCS replace that fuse and see if the throttle works now

AMD :

Use the 10A fuse labeled Horn to swap them

Customer:

give me a few minutes

AMD :

OK I will wait here

Customer:

well the battery does not have enough power to start it, thus the original jump- by someone else. but that fuse is burnt out

Customer:

my wife was at a gas station and asked someone for help and now this

AMD :

OK That fuse will take care of the issue for you. Once the car is running and the battery is replaced, if the check engine light is still on then you will need to erase the code by disconnecting the battery only after the fuse has been replaced.

AMD :

Make sure you don't jump start it backwards again

AMD :

if there are any other issues then check all the fuses.

Customer:

I will not, I never have

AMD :

But the issue with the throttle is going to be that 10A fuse

Customer:

thank you

AMD :

You're welcome Did you have any other questions for me today?

Customer:

no that was it and was worth the time and money thank you again

AMD :

You're welcome! A positive rating for my input would be greatly appreciated.

AMD :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.co

Customer:

for sure

AMD :

Thank you!

AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience: Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist