Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

I have a 2005 Tundra 4.7. I have codes P0016, P0300, P0307,

I have a 2005 Tundra 4.7. I have codes P0016, P0300, P0307, P0305, P0303, & P0301. HELP
Hello, thanks for trusting me to help you with your vehicle today. I have over 30 years of Diagnostic experience. I look forward to working with you. How many miles do you have on the truck and has a timing belt been done recently? Has there been any recent service work at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The truck has 94000 miles, no new belt & no recent service work. Can P0016 create all the the miss fire codes. Is the cam sensor or the crank sensor creating this P0016.

This code indicates a problem with the camshaft position sensor for bank one which is the driver side bank. This code will set for one of two reasons there is a malfunction i.e. open or short in the camshaft position sensor or the wiring. The other possible option if the timing belt has jump time by one tooth on that particular bank. Typically this is not an issue at 96,000 miles however the belt is due to be replaced at 90,000 miles and this is an interference engine. If the belt brakes or jumps too far out of time it will damaged the valves and the cylinder head. Cylinder misfires could be coming because it is out of time in the compression is dropping on the cylinders or it's just simply a matter of the camshaft position sensor is so screwed up the computer can't calculate the proper fuel injection duration and ignition spark timing. The quickest easiest thing to check and or replace is the camshaft position sensor and check the harness. You should seriously consider having the timing belt replaced also for maintenance reasons if nothing else.