Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

Toyota Prius: what is the best year of prius model? we really

what is the best year of prius model? we really like the 2010 with the fins and would like to purchase one.

is there any problem with putting a roof rack and canoe on top of the prius?
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Your question is really difficult to quantify. That being said, I will offer my opinion. I am a Toyota Hybrid certified technician, and am a big fan of all the generations of Prius. With each generation, there have been modifications made to not only the body, but the powertrain. Each modification has actually meant improvements. I see the latest as actually being the best so far. However, that is only by a slim margin.

As for a roof rack and canoe, I don't see any issue except for possibly a canoe being too long to carry on top of the vehicle. If it hangs past the bumper, it could be a traffic violation depending on the local municipality.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see a lot of Prius around with salvage or rebuilt titles. The prices are very good. Should I avoid these cars or are tthere OK rebuilt cars to purchase?

I have been offline for the weekend. Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I would avoid salvage titles as you never know for sure how extensive of damage they might have sustained. If one were flooded for instance, electrical issues can take years to start happening.