Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

Toyota Prius: my 2002 with 186,000 mile stopped running. have

my 2002 with 186,000 mile stopped running. have have the triangle light with engine light for about a year. this time the turtle light and brake light came on. the car reved up and shuttered when i tried to move. i was stuck in traffic. i pulled off call tow truck. three hours later wen truck arrived i started up car and drove onto truck. had codes pulled nothing other than catalytic converter code. had them check HV for past codes it showed 3009. reset both codes and car is running fine. question do i need replace battery pack?
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. That code indicates a high voltage leak. This means, yes, it could possibly be the battery. However, it could also be damaged cables somewhere in the HV system. The danger with this is, the voltage associated with this system is enough to do physical harm to a person, or even kill. This is something that you need to take to a dealer or a specialized shop capable of handling high voltage systems.