Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

Toyota RAV4 Sport: Hello. RE: 2006 Rav4, V6, 4wd, 112,000

Hello. RE: 2006 Rav4, V6, 4wd, 112,000 miles. New battery was totally drained when ign left in ass position. Car was started using a 160 amp charger/starter and left to idle/recharge. Charger was at first wrongly reversed pos to neg and perhaps be the reason for "check engine, vsc and 4wd lights now on. Car starts but will not go over 2000 rpm and car will almost not move. Seems like an electronics system damage from the charger/start but hope to learn of perhaps some reset, if any. Nearest code reader is 14 miles away I can't drive the car. Prior to the battery drain the car worked perfect.
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Did you check the fuses for power using a voltmeter? Did you check the underhood fuse box?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes both underhood and dash. Visual only, no obvious blown fuses. Did not test relays, not sure how, but did change posistions of same kind with no differences.

In the underhood fuse box, there should be one marked ETCS. Change it, disconnect the battery, reconnect it after a couple minutes. Let me know if that works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT WORKED! Lights are all off and the throttle responds as normal. I am impressed. Thank you very much, Robert