Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Transmissions: My tire pressure monitor is on. I pumped the

My tire pressure monitor is on. I pumped the tires to 44psi but did not go off
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears the Tech is currently offline. Hopefully, I can be of some assistance...

Can you give me the year and model of this Toyota?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2007 toyota camry le

2.4l engine

Ok. If the tires are all at the correct pressure (make sure to check the spare too! This is monitored also!) and the light does not reset after a few minutes of driving, then on some models there is a reset button in the glove box. Keep the reset switch pressed for 3 seconds or more with the ignition switch on position with the engine off.
graphic
If the light remains on after the reset (or your model does not have the reset button), then there is a problem in the Monitoring System. Unfortunately, there are quite a few different parts/sensors in the system, and it'd help a ton if we could have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes. You will need to find a shop that has access to a scan-tool that can read Tire Monitor codes. A very common fail item here is the Tire Pressure Sensor. There are 4 of these sensor- 1 in each tire, as part of the Valve Stem. Again, we'd need those Trouble Codes to know which one is faulty (if this is even the root of the problem) as there is no need to replace all 4 when only 1 is faulty.
graphic

Hope this has helped a little!

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-ups! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i guess this is the cause

when i changed my tire, they gave me an option of buying that with the tire but it was way too expensive for me so i said no. invariably, the tire has no monitor gauge i guess. i will see if my car has that button but i doubt

Ahhhh! I see. Well, even if there is a reset button, if there is no pressure monitor inside the tire- THIS is going to be the problem. The light will remain on until a Toyota-spec pressure monitor is installed. Sorry!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where can i get those cheap

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and if i do not install it, does it pose any problem on the car asides that it wont monitor the pressure which i can do myself

Unfortunately, the sensor needs to be Toyota-specific to communicate correctly with the monitor computer. So, using a "cheap" after market sensor may not solve the problem correctly. I'm seeing the Pressure Sensor sold for around $102. And now that the tire has been mounted, you'll need to add the cost of labor in there to break down the tire and mount the sensor, which is right around a half-hour.

As for any problems- No. No problems at all. The light will remain on, but will not interfere with any normal vehicle operations in any way. As long as you keep your eye on the tires (like we ALL did before tire monitoring was invented! LOL!) you'll be just fine.