Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

Toyota Camry Solara: I bought a 2006 Toyota camry solara today

I bought a 2006 Toyota camry solara today with 104,000 miles on it. when does the timing belt need to be changed?

tracker40 :

Hello, I am Randall. I will do my best to answer your question. Engine size?

tracker40 :

engine size?

tracker40 :

hello?

Customer:

5-Speed Automatic, 3.3L V6 24V MPFI DOHC,

tracker40 :

Do you happen to know if it was changed already?

Customer:

No. My father in law asked when it was supposed to be changed

tracker40 :

Ok, bear with me a couple minutes while I type and send the information. Back shortly

tracker40 :

It is to be changed every 90 K (90,000) It may? have been done already, the problem is if you do not know if it was?> I highly recommend having it done sooner than later,This way YOU know it was done. If it should break? #1 will leave you on side of road and #2? it can do severe engine damage if it breaks and the pistons hit the valves so.. if in doubt about when last done? Change it as you as you all can. It is over the 90 K. Then? replace every 90K or less

Our chat has ended,
What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. ,Many thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im sorry I lost the page. Is there anything else I need to look for. I bought this for my 16 year old daughter and I want to ensure that everything is okay. I paid cash from a dealership but they did not give me a warranty because it was over 100,000 miles.

Without any prior repair data? timing belt is #1. Obviously fluids like oil etc. trans not due till 140k for service. I would have brakes checked and maybe drive belt on the engine, These are all the impotyant items