Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Tundra, Limited: Hi need a little help on a 2003 Toyota tundra

Hi need a little help on a 2003 Toyota tundra Limited 4.7 L automatic transmission. It came in with a DTC code of P0031. I just need to know If it's probably an open or low circuit in the sensor, or do I need to test anything further . Also which bank is the B1 S1 on ? driver side or passenger side. Thanks in advance for your help! Richard.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

The P0031 is a very straight forward code (and a very common fail item on these vehicles!) pointing to a fault with the Heated Oxygen Sensor for Bank1 Sensor1. The only other testing that should be done here is to inspect the electrical connector and as far up the harness as you can looking for any loose, broken, damaged or rubbed-through wires (rare, but check it anyway to be safe!). If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the sensor with a "better quality" brand name (Bosch works well with Toyota) will sovle the problem. The sensor is mounted to the driver's side exhaust manifold. Here's a location view:
graphic

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-ups! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thanks for your help, we stock the original equipment Denso oxygen sensors here , so that's what we will use. Thanks for the location diagram. Richard.
Sounds good! You'll be just fine. Like I say, very common fail item. Glad I could be of some help! Have a great day!!