Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota CAMRY: 2000 Camry LE Sedan. Stop light and back-up lights

2000 Camry LE Sedan. Stop light and back-up lights located in trunk lid are not working. Replaced all 4 bulbs. Where is the fuse for lamps in trunk lid?
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions! do the brake lights work on the outer quarter panel lights?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

this means it is not a fuse problem. The same fuse feeds these lights. What you're going to find is that the wiring harness on the driver side were it comes off the main harness and goes up the left trunk hinge is broken. Peel the tape back right were it comes off the main harness and you will find the wires are probably broken. this is a common problem. Usually will blow a fuse and nothing will work or causes the check engine light to come on setting a neutral safety switch code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perhaps, but both tail lights in the trunk lid are working. Only the stop portion and the b/u lights are not

All of the wires go up through this left side hinge wiring harness. Not all of the wires break at one time. I have seen anywhere from 1 to 3 wires break. Locate this wiring harness where it is taped to the main harness and peel back all of the tape and plastic covering. You will find the wires broken. Let me know you find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This will take some time to peel back the flex plastic tubing which holds the wires. Do not have the time deal with now - will try it another time. Thanks for your advice

You are welcome. If it is not as I have described reply back and we can continue with some other things.