scott
scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Bumper to bumper technician24 years Bumper to bumper technician all makes

I am haveing a elec. problem i have loset all power to fuse

I am haveing a elec. problem i have loset all power to fuse panel inside the cab i have replacer all main fuses just because there is no power coming from thr two b/r wire and the best i cam tell it comes from starter selenoid
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scott replied 1 year ago.

scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

scott :

You didn't specify, but I am assuming this is an LE platform?

Customer:

It does not sat

scott :

Not on the trunk>?

Customer:

It does not say that all i can say v6 3000 searies

scott :

O.K. Open the hood, go to th ebattery, follow the

scott :

Sorry, had a lap top issue.

Customer:

i have checked out the elec. panel left side it is hot

scott :

O.K. There is a Fuse Link, white, located off the battery. It will have a black and green wire attached to it. Take a test lamp and probe each side.

scott :

There should be power on the battery side of the link, and power on the black/green wire if the link is good.

scott :

If that is good, then you will want to go to the Engine room Fuse Block and check the Main Fuse 40 AMP for power on each leg.

scott :

If these check out, then you will need to look at the AM1 fuse, left of the steering column

scott :

At this point, you are probing for power on either side of the fuse.

Customer:

I see no such a link there

scott :

Fuse Link Block

Customer:

there is power at the 40a main fuse buut no power at am1

scott :

O.K. Wait one

scott :

O.K. Probe the 100 amp ALT Fuse

Customer:

Did that it ok i checed voltage thru it 12.6

scott :

If you have power at the ALT fuse, and nothing at the AM1, then you either have a break in the black and red wire from the ALT fuse to AM1, or a fuse block issue at either fuse block. I would pull the fuse block W/ the ALT fuse and probe it from underneath. You may find it corroded or burnt. form there you will need to track to the AM1 Fuse.

let me know what you find.

Customer:

ok but it may take a bit

Customer:

Quesion there is the black and red wire from battiery to starter selinoid then doesent the black and red wires go from there to fuse panel to feed am1

Customer:

there are two b/r wires going to fues panel inside cab

Customer:

the 100amp alt fuse does not pull out and all wires are inside a plastic houseing

Customer:

Ok i found it the 100 amp fues is out can not see the i was going to probe the filiment to the b/6 wire in cab any ideas how to get the fuse block out so the 100 am fuse can be unscrewed

scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Bumper to bumper technician24 years Bumper to bumper technician all makes
Expert:  scott replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that I got disconnected last night. We finally got power and internet back today day while I was at work. Storm was pretty hard.

Do you still need more assistance?