Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Toyota: Hi, I have a 2009 Toyota Hilux single cab 4x4. The

Hi, I have a 2009 Toyota Hilux single cab 4x4. The knob that changes the direction of the air flow from the heater (to feet, defrost, etc.) was a bit stiff, and now seems to have detached from behind somewhere, as the knob is now loose and doesn't change direction of air flow.

is this a major fix?

Thanks, Luke.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is usually caused by a broken cable from the control switch to the heater box, and is common, if it was stiff and then it got real loose, then the cable was binding and finally broke, it is not an expensive part and takes about 1/2 hour to change it out,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thanks. Do i remove front dash cover to replace this part, or is to be done from under bonnet?

it is done bt removing the front dash cover, then you remove the cable from under thedash, where it connects to the heater box,Tim