Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Toyota Camary: Were is the AC evaporator valve for a 200 camry

Were is the AC evaporator valve for a 200 camry 4 cylinder and is there a diagram and instructions on how to replace it?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is the expansion valve, and it is located on the evaporator housing under the dash, the blower unit has to come out to replace this, it is a seven hour job to do this, most of the dash has to come out to do this, are you prepared to get into it this deep?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the seven hour labor charge is the problem. it is my sons car for college and he does not want to spend the money at a repair center but other wise the car runs great and should last until he gets out in two years

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
i will post the procedure below for doing this,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

REMOVAL

1. DISCHARGE REFRIGERANT FROM REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
  2. DISCONNECT LIQUID AND SUCTION TUBES FROM A/C UNIT
  3. REMOVE BLOWER UNIT

graphic

1. REMOVE EXPANSION VALVE
    1. Remove the piping clamp.
    2. Ply out the packing.
HINT: Do not reuse the packing.
    1. Using a hexagon wrench, remove the 2 bolts and separate the expansion valve and evaporator.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
  • Removal and Installation

COMPONENTS

REMOVAL

1. REMOVE COWL SIDE TRIM
  2. REMOVE FRONT DOOR INSIDE PLATE LH
  3. REMOVE NO.2 LOWER COVER
  4. REMOVE GLOVE COMPARTMENT
  5. REMOVE ECM
    1. Disconnect the connectors.
    2. Remove the 2 nuts and ECM.
  1. 1MZ-FE engine manual A/C only: REMOVE A/C AMPLIFIER.
    1. Disconnect the connector.
    2. Release the 2 claws and pull out the amplifier.
  1. REMOVE AIR DUCT RH (Foot) Release the 2 claws and remove the air duct.
  2. REMOVE CONNECTOR BRACKET SET SCREWS
  3. REMOVE BLOWER UNIT
    1. Disconnect the connector.
    2. Disconnect the evaporator temperature sensor connector clamp.
    3. Remove the 2 screws, bolt and nut, then remove the blower unit.

INSTALLATION
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

the pictures did not come through on the second procedure for removing the blower unit, I will post them below seperately,tim

graphicgraphic

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL