Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Toyota Tundra SR5: 08 toy tundra srs 4wd. code c1340.

08 toy tundra srs 4wd. code c1340.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions! Is the check engine light on also? If you clear the code does it come right back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no ck eng light. did not clear.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
This code means there is a problem in the ADD actuator detection switch. This code sets whenever there is a open in the detection switch for two seconds or more. This switch is located within the automatic disconnecting differential mechanism mounted to the front differential. Check this detection switch and make sure that you have continuity when you're supposed to and not when it's open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is needed to ck switch. dvom, test light, and how should it be tested?

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Yes a DVOM and I will get some wire locations as down as it slows down in the shop this morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks very much.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
okay if you do not hear back from me this afternoon shoot me a reply sometimes questions get lost in the shuffle. I will probably look into this at lunch time CST. no need to reply until then.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The automatic
disconnecting differential has an electrical connector going to it. Pin number
three is a green wire. This will have voltage until the automatic disconnecting
differential switch inside is closed. When it closes the voltage will go to
zero volts. This switch is supposed to close whenever the drive motor is
commanded to operate based on the input from the four-wheel-drive control
system. The drive motor moves the sleeve to engage the front differential and
the switch closes. If the motor is moving and the system is engaging into
four-wheel-drive the voltage should go to zero volts. If you are not sure if it's
going into differential lock you can apply power and ground to the pin number
one and pin number two pins which are the power and ground inputs to the drive
motor. By removing the connector in alternating power and ground you can move
the actuator in and then move the actuator out simply by reversing the
polarity. Let me know how this test goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

should we backprob the green wire to test. is it ok to backprobe 1 and 2 to move motor back and forth?

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
I would back probe the green wire very carefully. If you need to move or test the actuator motor disconnect the electrical connector and apply 12 V and ground to those corresponding pins do not back probe through the wires to do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
ok
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic