Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Toyota Sienna LE: Hi Ron. I was looking for Denso oxygen sensors

Hi Ron. I was looking for Denso oxygen sensors on-line to address a P2197 code from my 2009 Toyota Sienna.

I see descriptions like "Uptstream Left" and "Upstream Right" or "Downstream Left" and "Downstream Right".

Do you know which one of these relates to bank 2 sensor 1?

Thanks,
-John
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

On this vehicle, Bank2 Sensor1 is on the side of the engine closest to the front of the vehicle, mounted to the exhaust manifold, before the converter. So, you are looking for "Upstream Left". Also, on this vehicle, this is an A/F (Air/Fuel Ratio) Sensor, not just an "Oxygen Sensor" (almost the same, but the A/F Sensor is "smarter" to handle extra Toyota demands on it). So make sure the sensor you get meets Toyota A/F Sensor specs and is a "direct fit". A "universal" oxygen sensor will not solve the problem here!

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ron.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome! Glad I was of some help! Have a great day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron. I forgot to mention that I also got a code for bank 2 sensor 2. Is this considered "Downstream Left" since bank 2 sensor 1 is "Upstream Left".

Thanks,

-John

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Correct! Same side as the A/F Sensor. Except the 2/2 is BELOW the Converter.

The first time we talked, my repair service website was down... but it's back up now, so I can provide you with an image... this should help a ton:
graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ron. The image definitely helps.

-John

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Glad I could be of some help, John! Have a great day! Please remember to rate my service!

Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics