Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

I need to replace the shade in my 2003 Toyota Camry XLE. Is

I need to replace the shade in my 2003 Toyota Camry XLE. Is there a manual/guide on-line that tells me how to do this or can you give me advice as to how to do this? Thanks.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions! Are you referring to the sliding sunroof shade?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm referring to the shade, package tray trim, Part #64333-AA010.

Unfortunate information the book is not very good about getting directions to remove this rear package tray/sunshade assembly. If you have side curtain airbags it is even more complicated. The rear interior quarter panel trim plastic has to be removed on both sides. Typically you start the top where the headliner meets this quarter panel interior trim plastic and pop it loose. If you do not have curtain airbags the panel pops up relatively easy. There are pop clips all the way down along the side and back by the windshield. If you have side curtain airbags there is a clip that you have to remove in order to allow this plastic panel to be released. Don't force it you will break the clip that is a safety device for the curtain airbag. Once both of these interior quarter trim panels are removed the plastic trim that is behind the seats themselves if you have the fold-down seats have to be removed so that you can get the front edge of the package straight up and out. See the illustration below it will give you some idea of where the clips are located on the backside of the package tray. Unfortunately there's not much is far as good information on the removal procedure for this part. Let me know if this helps.graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The illustration didn't come through as I'm unable to view it.

The info you gave is informative as I thought I'd have to get to the shade through the trunk of the car. This makes it easier than I thought.

As an aside, I worked on a project once with one of the officers for your certification process. He was from Chicago and collected tie clips and cufflinks. Nice fellow.

I attached the image directly to the last posting. When you click on the image do you see it? I will try and attach it again here.graphic