Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

Toyota Tercel DX: I have a 1994 Toyota Tercel DX 1.5 L. After

I have a 1994 Toyota Tercel DX 1.5 L. After replacing idle air control valve I neglected to mark the hoses and now I'm in need for information. Which are the 2 coolant ports on the IAC valve. There is an O ring on the internal side of one of the ports so my guess is this is one of them. A picture or diagram would greatly help Skyvisions.
Tom
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

tracker40 :

Hello, I am Randall. I will do my best to answer your question, I am sorry for the dlay. coolant hoses? you need routing on them? correct?

Customer:

That is correct

tracker40 :

had to step out. bear with me a couple minutes ,.thanks

tracker40 :

I think you have been persuing an answer to this off/on today. I am sorry for that. As you know, we are quick to respond but I was off most of the day so,, I opened your post as soon as i saw it. With that said? you have 2 AIR hoses, it does not matter which goes where,, Diagrams are not the best. but the coolant hoses? if the diagram goes through, in chat mode, are routed as shown. I will try 2 different ways to send the diagram,

Full Size Image

tracker40 :

Full Size Image

Customer:

I'm very sorry about not responding quickly but my laptop is doing all kinds of crazy things like freezing up.

tracker40 :

been there, I sent diagrams of the coolant hose routing

Customer:

It looks like # XXXXX and 2 are the coolant hoses, 1 is the one coming out at an angle from one end of the IACV and the other coolant hose is connected to the tube that comes out of the throttle body, is that correct?

tracker40 :

Incorrect....2 is the angle, and 1 is kind of straight down yes.

tracker40 :

2 runs around the to the hosuing etc at the front of the hose,, 1? it drops straight down to the metal pipe

Customer:

Ok, please bear with me, when the IACV is removed from the throttle body, the tube that goes straight down comes from the throttle body which is the #1.

tracker40 :

You have not mentioned if you got both the pictures I sent. #1 is straight down, #2 is on an angle. #2 runs all the way to the housing at the rad hose, #1 drops stroauight down to the metal pipe that has the rad hose

Customer:

Yes I did receive the diagrams. Allow me to ask this last question, is # XXXXX the metal tube that goes into the throttle body, if yes then I'm good to go. I just wasn't sure if coolant would go directly into the throttle body like that.

tracker40 :

yes,, coolant does go into the TB, it is by design,

Customer:

WONDERFUL! now I'm ready to put things back together. So glad and appreciate of your patience and answer. Thank you very much "tracker40" for your help in my time of need.

Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist