Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Toyota sienna: how do I open the rear door on my van, the outside

how do I open the rear door on my van, the outside latch is broken.

one side door handle is broken also
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions! If you use a long skinny screwdriver or a hook type tool you can go up inside the hole once you pull the plastic nub that broke off the handle out. Inside this hole you need to get a hold of the small lever/arm and pull down or pry down on it to get the door open. If the inside latch is frozen and you cannot get this lever to move by pulling down on it where the plastic lever normally would push down your only option is to remove the pull down handle and remove the panel from inside the vehicle. This can be done but is very difficult to do with the door closed.